Mitchell S. Lipkin
Mitchell Lipkin is an experienced personal injury lawyer with an emphasis in automobile, construction, medical malpractice, slip and fall, nursing home and workers compensation cases. Mr. Lipkin takes particular pride in representing those most in need of a trial lawyer- those unfamiliar with the legal community and with nowhere to turn; those whose injuries have caused a long period off work, and whose families are depending on them; those who have caught few breaks in life. Among the hundreds of clients Mr. Lipkin has successfully represented:
- Two young brothers, ages 10 & 7, received $3.25 million, after their mother died from a uterine rupture as a result of being ignored by her obstetrician and hospital nurse.
- 31 yr old woman received $2.5 million after her doctor failed to follow up on an MRI ordered to determine the source of her severe low back pain. A two day delay in learning the results of the MRI, and making a referral to a neurosurgeon resulted in permanent neurologic injury to the ultra sensitive spinal nerves, with bowel/bladder and walking problems.
- 52 yr old woman received $1.13 million after a cubicle wall improperly secured to the floor fell on her, while loading her work materials into an open pull-out drawer.
- 39 yr old cable installer received $1.2 million after falling through an unsecured trap door in a ceiling access shaft in a high rise apartment building while attempting to retrieve his 2 way radio.
- 36 yr old woman, an admitted drug and alcohol addict, wandered about the middle of a busy street at night while under the influence, and was struck by a car, sustaining massive injuries. After first denying the claim, insurance company for driver paid maximum policy limits after driver testified at deposition that he had seen the woman a block away, and failed to either slow down or take evasive action.
Mr. Lipkin was born and raised in Chicago. He is married to Linda, a nurse. They have 3 daughters.
American Association of Justice Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Chicago Bar Association American Bar Association
Illinois, 1985 U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
De Paul University, J.D., 1985
University of Chicago, M.A., 1979 University of Illinois, B.A., with honors, 1973